Terms & Conditions
Ice Cream Bike
Paying a booking fee shows that you intend to hire a product and service from us and are therefore entered into a contract as laid out on your initial quotation.
It is your responsibility to notify your venue and/or wedding/party planner that you have booked us.
We are happy to liaise with them if they have any questions.
It is the responsibility of the client to provide a safe working environment for the event.
If this is not available, the full amount will remain payable. This includes:
· Sufficient access is available for the unloading and positioning of the equipment.
· The venue has the required access and area required to allow the equipment to be set up safely.
· The area where the equipment is to be set up is clean and clear from anything that may cause injury or damage to the equipment or participators. We reserve the right to refuse to perform or operate the equipment if we believe the venue is unsuitable or unsafe.
· We will not be held responsible for any obstruction, nuisance, or interference.
· Our ice cream trikes weigh more than 100kg when fully loaded with ice cream, please bear this in mind when considering a possible location. We can possibly manage a couple of steps but not a whole flight of stairs. Please inform us if there are any steps/stairs at the venue upon booking.
· Please ensure that any doorways or access points are at least 1m wide. The bike is 6 foot 6 inches long, please bear this in mind.
· We also request that an electric power supply (normal plug socket is close to where we are setting up, we provide extension leads.
It is at our discretion as to whether the service should be closed down and if this is the case, the full fee will be payable. This includes:
· The participants are acting in an abusive or aggressive manner.
· The participants are being under the influence of drugs or intoxicated with alcohol.
· The conditions are proving to be too dangerous.
In the event of us being prevented from serving due to inclement weather conditions, such as snow, wind, rain, or any circumstances beyond our control,
the bike can be positioned inside, please bear this in mind.
Should you not provide a suitable, alternative, indoor space for the bike to be positioned inside then the full fee shown, shall still be payable.
Public Liability Insurance
We carry public liability insurance for 5 million pounds, and it is subject to the terms and conditions of this contract being complied with.
We ask that a booking fee to be paid at the time of booking with the remaining balance paid at least 6 weeks before the event date.
If the balance of the payment has not been paid within the specified time, then we have the right to cancel the booking and withhold the deposit.
If you wish to make an alternative payment arrangement, then please feel free to discuss this when you speak to us at the time of booking.
If an item is cancelled after an invoice has been raised then the original booking fee will be forfeited,
a further booking fee will be required to hold the remaining dates
Payments can be made by bank transfer, cash or by cheque (made payable to Melanie Payne
Any cancellations must be received at this office in writing and the following cancellation charges will apply:
· Booking fee are non-refundable
· Booking Fee are non-transferable
· More than 14 days from the date of the event – 35% of the agreed fee
· Less than 14 days from the date of the event – 75% of the agreed fee
· Less than 7 days from the date of the event – the full agreed fee
· Cancellations must be made in writing and cancellations charges must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation.
Changes to this contract
Any changes to the booking must be notified in writing and these hire terms and conditions are integral with the details outlined on this contract.
30-Day Debt Protocol
If this amount is not fully paid, then we reserve the right under the 30-Day Debt Protocol, to take whatever action is required to recover this debt. Such action may include commencing court proceedings for the recovery of the debt plus interest plus Court costs incurred.
Welcome to Daisy & Co Catering